Attila called to let me know that he is taking himself to the hospital emergency. The Hogweed burns on his hands have started to spread, significantly. I think he should have been referred to a dermatologist in the first instance, this is serious, serious stuff, Hogweed burns. But he wasn’t referred on. Our GP is away on vacation, no other GP is available right now; so off he goes to the hospital emergency.
Since Attila works outside, with his hands, this is very bad news. It probably means he won’t be able to work. There is no disability insurance where he works, so we will be without any income for a while.
This is definitely not the kind of change I had in mind. But you have to play the cards your dealt. I sure hope this cloud has a smidgeon of silver lining in it.
Attila will call me late tonight, after his visit, to let me know how things stand. Two hours of driving and the long wait in the hospital will make for a very late night for him.
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Visibility: 16 km
Wind: NW 13 km/h
“Trying to tell you son if it wasn’t for bad luck, now now
Oh, oh, I wouldn’t have no luck at all
Would you believe I wouldn’t have no luck at all”
From If It Wasn’t For Bad Luck, written by Jimmy Lewis, performed by Ray Charles, 1969