Well, here it is, our big two day weekend! Last night the winds were outrageous, gusting to 80 km/h. The wind roared as loud as Niagara Falls all night, and is roaring still this morning. We are going to visit the little house, now or if not we will have to wait till the weather improves for an overnight visit. I am not impressed. We haven’t been able to get there for a visit, due to the weather, since Christmas.
All the roads but one, to our destination, closed this morning at 6:30 a.m. due to “unplanned road conditions”. We might have made it last night before things got this bad, but Attila does not like to drive that far in the dark, so we waited till this morning. We are going to try to get through on the one road left open. The road report says that visibility is poor, but it is our only option if we want to spend our rare two day weekend at the little house. We are going to take our chances. There are times when I absolutely hate where we live, this is one of them. Well let me add something to that, there are times when I dislike that we only have the occasional two day weekend, so that we have no option to postpone plans for “next weekend”, when the weather may be better. We become house-bound for months here.
We are leaving soon, after a hearty breakfast. Off we go, on a wing and prayer.
BLOWING SNOW WARNING ENDED
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Visibility: 10 km
Humidity: 59 %
Wind: NW 31 gust 57 km/h
Wind Chill: -24
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
1907 – 1988