– 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats
– 2/3 cups Skim Milk
– 1/3 cup Water
– 1 tablespoon Unsalted Margarine
– 2 1/2 cups Bread Flour
– 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
– 1 teaspoon Yeast
1. Spread the oats in a baking pan and toast in a 350 degree oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
2. Add milk, water and margarine to Bosch bowl. Add cooled toasted oats, bread flour, brown sugar, and yeast. Process on low setting for five minutes. NOTE: I needed to add 3 to 4 tablespoons of additional milk to this recipe.
3. Turn out onto floured surface, knead five to ten minutes until elastic. Place in greased bread pan.
4. Place bread pan out of draft, on surface such as a counter, cover with a clean cloth, and let the loaf rise for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375F. Bake loaf for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then turn loaf onto cooling rack. When cool bag the bread.
SOURCE: Ingredients from http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com, Method My Own